10/28/2005

Getting On With Life

So yesterday I got a comment from Hate2323 advising me to get on with my life (whaddup with the hating, yo?). After thinking about that comment, I realized that this shitty blog is completely about getting on with my life. I write like I'm totally impaired lately, which gives everything the most depressing tone. But I am totally ok with that. Theres actually a method to my madness.

How many people get out of a relationship, and are either hurt slightly or the other extreme of being completely destroyed, and instead of looking at themselves and figuring out what they did to contribute to the relationship going bad, they just immediately try to forget it (i.e. get on with life)? Like everyone, at least here in the US. When dudes break up with their gf, its customary for their friends to take them out to bars, get them drunk, and find them a hot lay to forget about the 'bitch' they broke up with. It's actually pretty much the same when girls break up too, but we usually spend a few days at home with chick flicks and the only men we know will never abandon us, Ben & Jerry. But after that phase has passed, its out to the bars and back on the dating scene to find a new hottie.

I'm totally not about that cuz I think it contributes to more shitty relationships. People dont like to really deal with their shortcomings...its so much easier to blame other people. But that's not my style. There are people who have done me wrong in my life...like seriously wrong. But that doesn't mean that I'm just going to forget about it and act like it's all in the past and doesn't affect my present. The past totally makes us who we are today, and this breakup and everything surrounding it will affect my life forever. The only way for me to truly get on with my life is to deal with my feelings and what's going on now. So that's one of the things this shitty blog does...it allows me to express whatever I feel and deal with it...it's only been a few weeks since our breakup, and now anything I write sounds like it's from someone who is in the depths of depression, but I'm totally not. Destroyed, yes...but I can't quite call it depressed...just thoughtful.

Songs currently playing: We Looked Like Giants -- Death Cab for Cutie
-----------------------: Stella Was a Diver and She Was Always Down -- Interpol
-----------------------: Company In My Back -- Wilco
-----------------------: No, Not Now -- Hot Hot Heat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home