11/24/2005

Thankful for my friends

So I haven't dealt well with this breakup with blondie...cuz in my opinion, we are meant to grow old together. Obviously, at least for now, he has a quite different opinion. But today, I want to acknowledge my sweet friends who have been real friends...helped me deal with breaking up with him, and have been all-around been good people.

Robert has been such a sweetie...truly offering unconditional support, sweetly dealing with my sadness over being apart from blondie, and my American quirks.

Trevor has been a longtime friend and support. He has never been anything but a true friend in word and deed...he is truly amazing. Even living in another state, he makes sure to give me practical support. He told a mutual friend, Brandon that I was needing some support right now, and so he came over and chilled with me tonite. We talked about love a little (of course), but mostly about spirituality and life-changing experiences. He told me about some things he went thru when he was younger and how they have affected his life...so interesting...and encouraging. Brought me books to read and tunes. That was sooo what I needed.

Also, I want to send love back to Natasha (aka Alex) and Elis, Mike G, Anne, Christine, Danny, Joseph and the Todds (M & oil). These amazing friends are also friends in deed. They all pitched in and sent me a wonderful gift. Something that I will never forget and just the thing that I really needed.

Also, I want to send love to my old roommate Chris Anderson. Last Thanksgiving he invited me to his brother's house, and I got to meet his mom and most of his family. That was a very warm, sweet Thanksgiving...and I will miss you this year Chris. xo

A last bit of love has to go to blondie. He has done very kind things for me in the past, and even since our breakup. I am not gonna try to speculate on his motives or whatever, just want to acknowledge his contribution and say that I am gratful for that. Karma.

When you have people in your life like this, true friends...how do you ever pay them all back for their love? I am not sure, but I just want them all to know that I am truly grateful for them today and every day of the year. I love you all.

Happy Thanksgiving

Songs playing:
I Slept With Bonhomme at The CBC -- Broken Social Scene (Gotta love those Canadians, eh?) ;)
Speak for Me -- Cat Power
You Gotta Feel It -- Spoon
Don't Let It Get You Down -- Spoon
Love and Mathematics -- Broken Social Scene

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Cheers, my friend.

12/07/2005 07:22:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

pete townsend sez (as quoted by my best friend othercat) 'deliver your future into the hands of your friends'

some of them will disappoint you but also you'll find out who your family is.

1/07/2006 02:58:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

sass...i found that i have a much bigger family than i ever realized.

1/07/2006 03:01:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

sometimes i think that that's what hard times are for...

1/07/2006 03:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home