11/19/2005

What Is Love?

I once got the line, 'I love you. But probably not the way you think'.

Yeah, it was Blondie.

I was thinking about this last nite. He is not one to express himself much verbally about his feelings. He is of the opinion that you should show how you feel more than speak pointless words. I totally agree. People throw around i love you's too much...and they are usually full of shit. Most people really dont know the meaning of the word..but I think Blondie might be pretty close. (Of course, can he do no wrong??)

Anyway, I'm just trying to make sense of this whole breakup/friends thing...I know he cares a lot about me even now. But I do not fully understand his reasons for keeping me around as a friend. Cuz we are not even in the same country anymore -- it's not like we will be fuck buddies, and I wouldn't want to do that anyway if we are broken up. I don't really see what he gets out of staying friends. I get something out of it -- my hopes stay up that we may perhaps get back together. And he is the single most brilliant person I have met so far, so I benefit from the association. But I don't get what is keeping him connected to me. He's not like your average guy, so I don't really have a frame of reference to compare him to...which is one thing I totally dig about him, but it is clearly good and bad.

So I am wondering if his rationale for keeping me as a friend (albeit, not EVEN a close one anymore), is that he does still kinda 'love' me? Not the sexual/passionate kind of love, but the type of love that cares about a person's well being. The totally cerebral type of love (not an oxymoron -- seriously). The kind of love that is much more boring and sedate...but the only kind that lasts. Is that really even considered love by definition anymore?

Hahaha, part of me thinks that is total shite, but I dont know what else to think. And if I just go by the way he acts, he seems to be truly concerned with me as a person. And he did mention that if we got back together, things would take time. But on the other hand, he said he didn't really know me. But he did know me. Hurts that he is making things so black and white. So sad and fucked up. I'm crushed.

I dunno. I am so confused, I almost can't even be arsed with it anymore. At least not tonite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home