11/26/2005

Punk Posers

God I hate punk posers...kids who wear punk clothes and listen to punk music...but are as worried as mainstreamers about what other people think of them...and don't get what being punk is really about. True punk was never only about fashion or music...the clothes and music represented an ideology of not conforming to a broken social system. I see a lot of kids blindly support causes that don't affect them, and that they really dont care about, like buying Free Martha Tshirts, Free Winona TShirts, punk band Tshirts just to look more punk...but when it comes down to it, they won't stand up for hardly anything cuz it will affect how others view them. They are totally posers. I disrespect that. Being punk is about people who have a heart and care about maybe affecting change in the world, it's not just a fashion statement...fucking posers.

What does this have to do with my breakup? Well, I suspect I may have dated one of the ultimate punk posers. He seems as punk as they come in a lot of ways, but all I see is growing conformity to the man...climbing up the corporate ladder. Some people grow out of punk, I guess.

Ok, to be fair, I am not a punk, but I also don't pretend to be. I am more of a political indie rock chick...and I am only political about injustices to humans. I am not an activist by any stretch. But even believing in karma, I have seen, as well as experienced, the cruelty of man toward man. Its sickening. I just lose respect for those who will not stand up for those who have been victims of this sort of injustice. They need the support of justice-loving people, which definitely would include punks, among others...and unfortunately for too many, their cries for justice fall on empty ears and hard hearts. But I know karma will right things in the end...until that time I just can't let people suffer without at least letting my voice be heard in their behalf. I may just be young and idealistic, but I believe that enough small voices will change the injustices these people face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home