10/29/2005

Losing Family

I guess the hardest thing with breaking up with my b/f is that I feel like he was the only family I had...and now he has rejected me. I am an only child and was adopted and spent time in foster care...I spent much of my time growing up feeling a bit unsettled. I was always a little different than other kids growing up, because they had 'real' parents. I was able to overcome that by being brilliant in school. In fact, that was all that I could do to deal with the weirdness that comes with being raised by parents that did not give birth to me. I was a serious overachiever. Anyway, in romantic relationships throughout the years after college, I became close to guys, but never did have any that I could feel comfortable enough with to feel like they were truly family -- like we had merged our lives/hearts/minds so completely that it felt like we were blood...until blondie. And with this breakup, I am so beyond destroyed...and I dont blame him -- just the inevitable pain that an adult who was passed around as a kid usually has if they are rejected. Everyone feels pain when they are rejected, I just think there is already a weakness when a kid is rejected by their parents...i dunno. I feel like I lost the last of my family when I lost him. Devastatingly sad...

Here's todays stifled writing:


when i contemplate the loss of you
i wonder if the sun will rise again tomorrow

as i endlessly grieve for you
i wonder if i will always feel dead inside

my homesickness for you
is so painful it makes me ill




Songs currently playing: Torches -- Rise Against

-----------------------: Chocky -- Mogwai
-----------------------: Radical Adults Lick Godhead Style -- Sonic Youth

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Hahaha, yeah I'm not this sad in 'real life', that would be exhausting....LOL

But thanks so much for your kind sentiments, Robert. I'd love to have you as family (as well as the rest of your household)...You're a sweetheart.

10/29/2005 01:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home