1/08/2006

Nothing Like a Move to Forget the Ex: PXXI 3/3

Holy sunday morning!

A good friend of mine, who is a former radio celeb in the UK and now a huge celeb in our little industry took a liking to me about 3 years ago. Only because he liked me, I was invited to posh dinners with heavies like execs from tech companies, along with selected members of the press. I am always the youngest one there, and feel quite silly cuz it's very obvious, no matter how mature I try to make myself seem. Plus, I am indie, I do not work for some well-known company (although I do have some huge client names in my portfolio, which prolly goes a long way to help me not completely look like a schmoe), so something that I'm so proud of becomes a little bit of an embarrassment in a room full of corporate heavies like this.

Anyway, this friend of mine just told me that he's currently in talks with a big tech company partner of his to get me a pretty high level job...not gig...a job. It will be on the east coast and not near Toronto (so no blondie issues). Anyway...OH-MY-GAWD!! OhmygodOhmygodOhmygod!!!

Oh my gosh...soooo perhaps this will cure my customs blues, maybe I will have the $$ to pay up the azz for customs and for shipping all of my shit from Blondie and my apartment there.

Wow, wonder how this will all turn out. If I get the gig...ummm, i mean J-O-B, it will be sooo scary. I seriously think I'm unemployable, but also thinking that it's sooo time for a change. I really REALLY need to turn things around for myself. My life was and still is so intermingled with blondie's that it's a full-time job just to NOT contact him because of the stupid situation we're in. It's more than my attachment to him, it's so about work related shite. But this would END any of that...I mean completely end it all. I would only see blondie at conferences, would have a whole new set of people to be around, and would, of course, have something to prove to myself...and to my UK friend who is sooo amazing to try to get me this job.

I dunno, maybe I shouldn't blog about this yet. But I'm really so excited about the prospect of it just working out that I can get my shit back here into the states without it killing me financially, and just not ever being in a position where I kinda need blondie at all...it's really turning me on. Oh gosh, I hope I get this job...can't believe I said that...but dang, it's time for a change.

Yikes!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Robert: I KNOW!!!

holy cripes! i'm so excited i don't know what to do...but i know i must chill...

1/08/2006 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger sassinak said...

what robert said :)

really that's all i got.

well and one more thing, only take it if it feels right *grin*

1/08/2006 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

amazing. i have my fingers crossed for you! (where did that superstition come from? and knocking on wood? what's with that?)

1/08/2006 01:15:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

dude totally!! what is up with the superstitiion?? hahah...but i've totally been saying that stuff the past few weeks.

but thank you :)

1/08/2006 01:20:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

discom....ummmm...thank you??


hahaha...glad you liked it...hope you had a happy bday!

1/09/2006 07:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home