2/01/2006

Biz Notes

so i'm gonna spend the day in over my head getting projects completed. then for the rest of the week, i have to work on my own biz stuff. and i'm feeling a little uninspired.

but, i found this little snippet of brilliance on guy kawasaki's blog. hehehe, prolly the only whiney-azz broken hearted bitch linking to his blog, but...i love that man.
"Create something worth executing.You're going to get tired of my obsession with great products but pitching, demoing, bootstrapping, and executing are a lot easier if you've created something meaning-full. It's hard to stay motivated and excited about executing crap. It's easy if you're changing the world. So if you and your team are having a hard time executing, maybe you're working on the wrong thing."

so i'm also on a metaphor high today...sass was all metaphorically fluent this morning, and so i'm seeing metaphors in almost everything now. and i'm seeing this whole execution/change the world thing as a metaphor to get out of my funk with this god forsaken breakup too...

but mostly, i gotta get to work, not only on client stuff, but my own after-hours stuff...and this gives the most clarity to why i'm doing this shit with having my own business...it's totally to change the world.

guys i heart for making me focus on my business:
guy kawasaki
tom peters
seth godin

there are more...i just gotta get to work now.

8 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

right arm dude!

way to grab your focus. want some of mine? i have tons now that my attention is on my life again.

2/01/2006 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

oh gawd, i totally need some of yours cuz mine is strong, but only lasts for about 20 minutes at a time...i need the time-released version.

geezus.

2/01/2006 12:52:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

uh
it's like quitting smoking... just make it through the next five minutes and the future will take care of itself.

2/01/2006 08:44:00 PM  
Blogger da buttah said...

ya know.

the fact i have no attention span what-so-ever kind of comes in handy in these situations
..for some reason having your thoughts jump around makes it easier to just negate certain thoughts...or at least not let them be your focus for too long.

granted, in all other situations, it just sucks.

2/02/2006 07:24:00 AM  
Blogger Hubris said...

I am really glad I'm not the only one without a long atten- OOh! Shiny. Wanna ride bikes?

2/02/2006 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

elle: i just wish i was negating blondie thots...cuz those are the only ones that are giving me trouble right now...lol

and hubris: hahaha. dude, you're just making fun of me now.
i've seriously been researching adult add...i prolly have a bit of it, but its likely more the terrible work-at-home-after-you-broke-up-with-
your-significant other-syndrome.
i give that a D-

2/02/2006 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger Hubris said...

I really meant no harm... I do struggle with that myself.

2/02/2006 10:34:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

lol...i'm just teasing you. but the short attention span truly blows.

2/02/2006 10:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home