12/17/2005

Breakup Distraction Therapy

Going thru a really funky low point this weekend...missing him, feeling bad. Think my exbf has turned a corner, not online for the past few days (i.e, he has prolly blocked me, i'm pretty positive he's online). He's got lots to keep him busy, plus this breakup has been exhausting. Unfortuately, we will need to contact each other again cuz we still have some shit to take care of, but I think it's pretty mutual that our feelings are too raw to do the just friends thing with any success right now.

One thing about bad breakups is the amazing power they have to make a person totally fucking helpless. Seriously, this once workaholic freelancer is totally pathetic now. It's so much easier to read other breakup stories online, create ridiculously angry/sad playlists, sketch on Artpad, and cry like a baby than it is to get my shit back together again and focus on work. IMO the only thing that really works is BDT, Breakup Distraction Therapy (i'm taking credit for coining this phrase).

So Trevor, the dude I've had a crush on and wanted to snog for like 3 years straight (but didn't cuz I don't want to ruin our friendship) is a master at BDT. We don't live in the same state anymore, so dude turns on his webcam and MAKES me forget about blondie...if i start talking about blondie, he tells me that blondie is a fool to let me go, even considering the circumstances, and that i deserve someone who would support me and love me. And he offers himself...hahaha. It's so cute. I love it. The thing is, I know it means nothing, we've been doing this since we first met each other, but for some reason now, it does so much for me. We've been there for each other through various failed relationships, each of us hating the others loser (but hot) ex's. And after all this time, he is still there for me...And, as evidence that BDT works, I'm even trying to be there for him while he deals with a LD relationship which is looking not so great right now. Go me.

Anyhoo, so that little slice of BDT is awesome, but if I become too dependent on Trev and local friends and they're unavailable, then I seriously think that I'm fucked. Being in front of this god forsaken computer too long is totally keeping me a cry baby, pathetic exgf. But as a last resort, I guess the whole Artpad thing is prolly healing...and the right kind of music (i.e. not breakup songs...but perhaps a little stoner metal...hehe) might also be a good form of BDT.

Songs playing during this therapeutic post:
Crush -- Smashing Pumpkins
Ups & Downs -- Saves the Day
Remember -- Air
Birds in The Subway -- The Red Thread
You Don't Send Me -- Belle & Sebastian
Hypnotise -- The White Stripes
Rid of Me -- P.J. Harvey

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

robert dear, i'm totally a girl geek...you of all people should be quite aware of this sexy little phenomenon. i work, i talk about work, i do brilliant things online, and how easily you forget the geek part of the equation. of course i'd use Artpad...sigh.

anyhoo, the only bad thing about Artpad and me is that i gave away my Wacom graphics tablet and pen (dammit!) to a web desgner, and...well...my artwork is not what it should be (i.e. cannot be shared....sorry)

thx for asking tho :)

12/17/2005 07:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home