12/16/2005

In Search of the Past

A couple of months ago my boyfriend, the guy who I still adore, broke up with me.

This blog has been my great big virtual shoulder to cry on...my sounding board to bitch, to deal/not deal with being apart from my exboyfriend, to reminisce over our sweet life together...while it lasted.

The hardest part of this whole experience is that I've learned that we can never go back. All of the sweet memories, the little objects still left over from our time together, the many, many photos, emails, and IMs, even the strained relationships with our mutual friends...none of these remnants of our life together can ever bring back what we lost.

I guess through this blog I have been attempting to capture again what I reluctantly admit has long passed me by. I believe it was the only true love that I will ever know. At least, the only one with the most promise; the one that would shatter all barriers, and become epoch. The one that could make our future grandchildren truly believe in love while living in a world full of superficiality. The One. For me, blondie was The One. Gone now.

I am so sad for this to be over. Just wanna smoke, crank up my music and forget everything for tonite. Then wake up tomorrow all better...aint gonna happen. Reality is, I don't need anyone. I'm fine on my own.

Cranking the music...sigh.

The Beginning and The End -- Isis
Looking For You In Me -- Hayden
I Am Trying To Break Your Heart -- Wilco
Run Down The Stairs -- Beat Happening
Make Out Kids -- Motion City Soundtrack sigh...he's updated his profile
Napoleon Solo -- At The Drive-In

3 Comments:

Blogger PinkBunny said...

Hi Jenn,

I was looking around Blogger for people like me, fresh off a breakup. I just wanted to say, hang in there! You can do it!

12/17/2005 03:20:00 AM  
Blogger Kalickokevin said...

Greetings Jenn:
Your blog has truly touched my heart in ways I could not imagine. Just remember that at any given time, there's at least one person who still loves you.
~Kevin A. MacLeod

12/17/2005 07:03:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

pinkbunny...not so sure if i can do it...i envision myself 5 years from now still crying when someone brings up his name...i'm hopeless. but thank you so much for your support.

ok, maybe i can do it. ;) you hang in there too.

robert...yeah...true..smoke what indeed....considering that i don't smoke. hahahaha...but i wanna!

kevin...wow. amazing to think that my whines have touched someone. i'm really a bad example of how to get over a breakup, but ok if you want a good cry, i guess.

i suspect we may have more in common than meets the eye. happy bday to you sometime (noticed you're a sagittarius too).

12/17/2005 07:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home