12/31/2005

PXXI Day 10: I Won't Cry Over Him Anymore

That's what I want to say. Yet with almost every inhale tears stream down my cheeks.

I don't think he's darkening his pillow with tears over me at night anymore.

I can't talk or think about him anymore today. This breakup...everything surrounding it, is something I don't think I'll ever understand.

I will never be over him. He is the most amazing man ever. What a privilege that I got to know him and spent time together with him. I don't want it to be over.

But life is moving on. Another year coming to an end.

Here's wishing all of you a Happy New Year.

Cheers

4 Comments:

Blogger Caro said...

i think there's something about new years that brings all this drama back to the surface (at least for me). it's like when i'm saying goodbye to the year, i'm *really* saying goodbye to him. (might sound crazy, but i think it's a good thing, too.) he was 2005 (and 2004, but whatever). and now, we (you and me and all us single folk) have this brand new slate of time--of memories to make--without "him." there's something optimistic in that.
i still cry sometimes. and just like you mentioned, i tell myself that he's not crying over me, so why should i? he seems to be moving on just fine without me. and that's okay, because i knew he could. i know he has the same faith in me. (somewhere, deep down.)
so here's to letting go for this new years. and making this brand new year everything we want it to be. (it seems i'm on my way to writing the next "i will survive." haha.)

12/31/2005 09:34:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Robert! Thank you for the flowers and stuffed animal, sweetie!

Caro and Z...yes. exactly. it's like *really* goodbye. my '04 and '05 were amazing because of knowing him. i don't know how to handle that changing so drastically w/o tears. but it just is.

*sigh*...clean slate....ok

i wish i could party with you guys tonite...it would rule. have fun and be safe, whatever you do.

Happy New Years! Cheers

12/31/2005 03:37:00 PM  
Blogger msmachine said...

Happy New Year. I hope 2006 brings you great peace. I think (and I could be wrong) but if you feel like you have to cry, you should. Some day soon, you won't need to cry anymore.

12/31/2005 08:09:00 PM  
Blogger PinkBunny said...

Happy new year!

12/31/2005 10:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home