11/10/2005

Prequel

Sigur Ros rules.

So today I am listening to the old Sigur Ros CD, Von. I have not listened to this CD since before blondie and I became an item...the last time I heard this CD, blondie and I were talking quite a bit, but I was actively dating other guys...I was really afraid that I was falling for him too fast, so it was my whole purpose in life not to do that...and I was on a mission to find some other dude who was smarter/sexier/more beautiful/funnier/had more in common with me/etc. (didn't work, btw)

I also had not yet moved to his state, and was living with a couple other girls in the "Chick Pad", an amazing, huge 3 bd apartment at the mouth of the canyon that I paid only $300/mo. for, including utilities, since we split the $1k/mo. rent 3 ways, paying different amounts depending on which bedroom we had (roommates can be awesome sometimes).

I remember at that time being so content with being single. I was happy and was successful in my work without a guy. I had no need for anyone, but dating and going out was fun and kept my roomies from feeling like I neglected them too much for work. I used to listen to this Sigur Ros CD a lot then.

I had one experience meeting a guy that was a friend of a guy my roommate had dated (hahaha, confusing, i know)...we just bumped into him at a bar, and after the bar had closed down, he asked me to drive him home for some stoopid reason...after we got there, he invited me in...we sat down on his completely shite sofa which had a whole piece of it blown out, or something, in front of his 52" plasma tv...and ummm, talked. then he told me that he had spent some time in Paris, and he started massaging my back...which was really making me feel relaxed. Then he did this totally smooth thing where he was kissing me before I knew it...AND, (this is for you Robert), this is why I decided that I MUST live in France, if this is how French men kiss...OMFG, no one has ever kissed me like that. We sat there on his sofa and kissed...for 4 hours! Hahaha, it was pretty damn amazing...the only thing is, I didn't really care that much about him, he was not hella brilliant, and that is a prerequisite for a second date. He was a rich, spoiled brat, and that doesn't impress me since I have a job and earn my own money. But, goddam, the kid could kiss. If all Parisians kiss like that, then its no wonder that you find so many pics of people kissing in Paris.

Anyhoo, hearing this Sigur Ros CD brought back good memories. I was very happy before we started going out, and I kinda needed to remember life before blondie, the prequel...kinda good cuz it helps me see that life after blondie can be good too...i know this is good, but I kinda feel bad cuz I will always love that dude, and I am trying to be happy without him...it's good but weird at the same time.

Songs playing: Syndir Guos (Opinberun Ferlsarans) -- Sigur Ros
-------------: Seaglopur -- Sigur Ros
-------------: Prototype -- Outkast
-------------: The State I Am In -- Belle and Sebastian

PS - talked to him tonite for prolly the last time on IM. he has moved on. time for me to do the same.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Do tell!!
Yowza...

11/11/2005 03:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home