1/20/2006

Protection From Every Direction

"you can't move forward looking back"

this is what a mentor of mine told me last nite...gawd, even when i don't mean to, sometimes i still end up getting all emo over blondie. and that happened while i was talking to my mentor.

but he was not impressed...what this dude told me...well, that was prolly the biggest kick in the arse i've gotten in a long time. i mean, this mentor didn't really give a shit how i felt about blondie, cuz it is in the past...and my mentor is all about my future...he's committed to seeing me succeed and i think he's hella horrified over what a whining bitch i've become at the mention of blondie and our breakup. cuz, that just aint me...but somehow this breakup possessed me and made me try to resurrect the past. my mentor aint having any of that shite.

that was tough love at it's finest...i fucking felt all new after he got done with me. i felt like i learned a bunch of stuff about blondie after my mentor opened my eyes...and i just wish blondie the best. i love that beautiful shit blondie, and hope he does everything he wants to in life, but my mentor really helped me see how it's time for me to let go and move on...i think i'm ready to do that (almost).

so i just wanna say to my broken hearted buddies...buck up yos. (s)he's in the past...be about your future. maybe they'll be a part of your future, but they won't get there by you pining over the past...they may not be there, and if they're stupid enough to let the best thing they ever had go, then you totally deserve someone who will love you.

so i'm gonna try not to be a hypocrite...for the first time, i'm really, really thinking i am ready to try to move on.

here's a line to a song i heard yesterday...i have no idea who the band is, but i loved the tune...let me know if you know this song "i dont miss you at all i dont want you to call i'm not alone i'm doing fine...i'll see you someday"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wise advice indeed. I woke up feeling the same way. Time to do this for real.

Let's pour out a little liquor for the ones lost and raise our glasses (or bottles) in a toast to the future.

Cheers!

1/20/2006 07:39:00 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

dude, you just wrote THE motivation post. i will re-read this.

there's nothing left to think but "what's next?"

hugs to you too!

1/20/2006 07:58:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

alt: pouring out a few drops of red wine in blondie's memory...chugging the rest of the bottle with you...Cheers!

caro: gosh, i'm so glad you were motivated by that too...after you and i chatted last nite, i got a call from him, and as ever, i was just a little down still...till he came out and told me not to waste his investment (among other azz-kicking things too). it was perfect timing. i got up this morning and did my yoga...and i'm trying to keep thinking positively now...can't believe it's still so fucking hard, but i gotta say that i'm doing better now than if i hadn't heard from him...

what's next yo? waitressing? ;)

DISCOM: thanks for your kind words, you adorable thing. i'm a little sore today from that kick, but he was just what i needed.

thanks so much guys!!

1/20/2006 12:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home